A Different Perspective
World Mental Health Day is observed on October 10 every year throughout the world. Its objective is to raise awareness about the mental health issue and mobilize efforts in support of mental health. Volunteer for Bangladesh, the youth wing of Jaago Foundation, will be organizing an interactive workshop on October 13, 2018, in collaboration with Identity Inclusion (an organization working on “breaking the mental health stigma and promoting social inclusion of people with psycho-social disabilities”); commemorating the objective of World Mental Health Day.
This workshop will mainly focus on “youths in depression” and “things youths can do to come out of depression.” The workshop will also include introductory lectures on various behavioral disorders, interactive sessions, and skill-building sessions.
1. How will this workshop help me (benefits of this workshop)?
This workshop aims to provide an introductory course on various behavioral disorders, which will enable you to make:
– Rudimentary distinctions between “mental health” and “mental illness”
– The stigma that works behind when you seek help and how to mitigate it
– Knowledge, which is readily available throughout community resources, and how to make the best use of them
2. What will the Introductory Intensive Course consist of?
The workshop will address the different topics of mental health and behavioral disorder in the following fashion:
– Provide a definition of mental health
– Provide a definition of mental illness
– Understand where to access additional resources, services, and support options
3. What will be the outcome of this workshop?
Following completion, you will be able to understand:
– What is Mental Health and Mental Illness (yes they are two different things)
– Why it is important to take care of our mental health
– What can we do to take care of our Mental Health (this will include services available and self-care techniques)
– What is Mental Health stigma/Psycho-social disabilities (this will include differentiating between developmental disabilities such as Autism from mental illnesses such as schizophrenia)
– What can we do to ensure we all have good mental health (raise awareness to improve services, demand for better services, promote community-based services, etc.)
Date: 13th October, 2018
Time: 3.00 pm – 7.00 pm
Place: VBD HQ (House#28, Road#20, Block#K, Dhaka 1213)
Registration fee: 100 BDT
Shadman R. Chowdhury – 01769-030206
Payment Method :
People who are interested to join this session are requested to complete the registration form below-